About Me

Houston, Texas, United States

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Stage Makeup 101: Primers

After your skin is flawless, eyebrows are well groomed, and your skin is toned and ready to start your makeup, a primer is the first step to the process.

Primers have light diffusers, skin smoothers, and refined silicone and high def ingredients to help maximize the staying power of foundation and smooth out imperfections.

There are different primers I carry in my kit: MAC prep and prime, NARS primer, NARS Pro, Primer, and ARBONNE facial primer.

Each on works differently and have different emollients for different textures and needs.

For the most part stick to MAC prep and prime. It's has a silicone base, moisturizes and has tiny light diffusers that u can actually see or as IFBB Amy Lee Martin and I call it "sparkle-ies" and it's a super high def power.

I carry NARS because is super hydrating and very sheer. It has great high def power

The NARS Pro comes in a one inch by one inch compact. It is a solid cream and designed to reduce the appearance of fine lines. I use this primer on the eye area and fine lines around the mouth.

Arbonne face primer, is my favorite. It's silky smooth (ZOHAN lol!) seriously! It's satin finish and has long wear power and smoothes out imperfections to the max. It's nice and thick with a lightweight feel.

Then the trusty eye primers! Eye primers hold eyeshadows on tight for creaseless long lasting power. I love my mac paint pots. I've also tried the urban decay potion but I really love my paint pots and/or liners.

Apply primer to entire face before starting your makeup application. Use paint pots or eye primer before starting eyes. For those with dry skin use a little oil control mac lotion along with primer blend in palms of hand and apply to entire face.

Stay tuned for my next blog: "Stage Makeup 101: Eyeshadows to use or not to use color, that is the question.

J Zubire The Makeup Artist
BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments:

Post a Comment